The Top Haunted Houses in Atlanta 2023

Haunted Houses

1. Netherworld Haunted House
When: Sept. 15 – Nov. 9
Where: 2076 West Park Place Boulevard, Stone Mountain
Cost: $20 – $60
Awarded the #1 best haunted attraction in America since 2017 by Hauntworld.com! With two themed haunts, Primordial (unchained elemental power) and Cryptid Chaos (return of the boogeyman), and an on-site escape room, this is easily one of the most horrific and exciting October experiences.

2. 13 Stories Haunted House
When: Sept. 15 – Nov. 2
Where: 320 Temple Avenue West, Newnan
Cost: $25 – $45
This attraction is not for the faint of heart – in fact, many participants don’t finish all of the floors! This year’s theme is “Clown Haus,” a horror themed carnival-esque attraction populated by nasty, scary clowns and lit with fluorescent lighting. It has the feel of an old time circus / carnival that has been taken over by evil clowns who run amok doing bad things and generally being scary.

3. Escape Woods
When: Year-round
Where: 628 Sleepy Hollow Road, Powder Springs GA 30127
Cost: $28 – $33
These realistically scary escape “rooms” are fully immersive and allow you to feel like you are living out the plot of a movie. With options available for both family-fun and those looking to be scared, each experience is interactive and includes live actors that allow for a unique and memorable escape. Try out one of the following: Stranger Things Hopper’s Cabin, The Curse of the Dragon, The Bunker: Aftermath, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, The Hollow Grove Ripper, and The Pig Farmer: Cult of the 7 Sins.

4. Folklore
When: Sept. 29 – Nov. 4
Where: 5389 N Main St Acworth, GA 30101
Cost: $28 – $33
Folklore haunted house features 2 terrifying and incredibly elaborate haunted houses and other curiosities. This year’s themes are “Winter’s Estate” and “Overload: Final Destination.” Folklore Haunted House has been seen on numerous media entities, including NBC, FOX, and USA’s Greatest Haunts.

5. The Village
When: Sept. 15 – Nov. 2
Where:  6905 Virlyn B. Smith Road, Fairburn, GA
Cost: $30
This year’s 13 Stories creators and designers have teamed-up with the Georgia Renaissance Fair to bring you an outdoor, haunted walk-through experience! The theme is “Evil Harvest” and includes summoned spirits, horrific creatures, and long-dead demons.

6. Paranoia
When: Sept. 29 – Nov. 4
Where: 2075 Marietta Highway, Canton, GA 30114
Cost: $28 – $60
This year’s attraction at Paranoia is titled “Necrosis” and will be medically focused. Visitors can expect to be scared by nurses and doctors with terrifying makeup.

7. Nightmare’s Gates
When: Sept. 29 – Nov. 4
Where: 3931 Longview Drive, Douglasville
Cost: $25
Another haunted house location with multiple experiences, Nightmare’s Gate features two attractions this year – Terror Falls and The Haunting of Longview Estate.  In the Hauntings of Longview Estate, you’ll find yourself in a horrifying, opulent estate with multiple ghouls surprising you at each turn.  Meanwhile, with Terror Falls, you’ll head to a haunted swamp where evil lurks. Can you survive the horrors?

8. House of Four Scythes
When: Sept. 29 – Nov. 4
Where: 3235 Castleberry Rd, Cumming, GA 30040
Cost: $20 – $25
Located in Horton Hall on the Cumming Fairgrounds, this haunted house provides terrifying scares while you are enjoying the excitement of carnival rides. We couldn’t find a theme for this attraction, but it seems like they get a majority of their haunting ideas from carnival-lore.