Why not pick up a book??

My opinions on why reading is important
Image of library wall

Reading exposes us to diverse perspectives, scenarios—both real and fictional—and thought processes that we may have never encountered otherwise. It broadens our understanding of the world and enhances our capacity for empathy and critical thinking.

Despite the societal pressure surrounding reading, what truly matters is the consistent effort to broaden our horizons through regular engagement with literature. Whether it’s picking up a book or perusing the shelves of a library, the key is to embrace the opportunity to expand our knowledge and enrich our lives through reading.

Reading introduces us to a variety of viewpoints, situations—both real and imagined—and ways of thinking that we might not otherwise come across. It deepens our comprehension of the universe and strengthens our ability to empathize and reason critically.

Despite the social pressures associated with reading, what counts most is the persistent endeavor to widen our perspectives by consistently interacting with literature. Whether it’s opening a book or browsing the library’s selection, the important thing is to embrace the chance to read for pleasure and learn new things that will improve our life.