Celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month

Hispanic Heritage Month celebrates the contributions of so many Hispanic Latinos have made to the United States. Students at Kennesaw Mountain are no exception.

Hispanic Organization Promoting Education
(HoPe) kicked off the celebration at our monthly meeting in September. We reminded ourselves to be proud of our heritage. Whether you were born in Latin America or in the United States to Hispanic parents, or you just love our language and culture, we are talking to you. HoPe provides an opportunity for you to lead, serve and thrive. You don’t have to be Latino to join. All students can benefit from what HoPe offers.

Hispanic Latinos are the fastest growing population in the United States with nearly 61 million, that’s 18% of the population.

Latinos have made huge contributions to American society. We have left our mark in politics, legal (Sonia Sotomayor is the first Latina appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court), Space (José Fernandez became the first Latino astronaut in space), art, film, music, and so many other areas.

Come to our next HoPe meeting on Wednesday, October 11 after school in room 311 and join the fun. Follow us on Instagram @kmhs_hope for all the latest information. For more information see Mrs. Smart (Room 226) or Ms. Minguela (Room 223).