Silly Sock Drive

Cheerleaders support the annual Silly Sock Drive (2023)

From: Mrs. Bartlett (cheerleading coach)

A Mother’s Recap of KMHS Cheerleader Mallory Smith:
In 2006 Mallory became very sick and was in the ICU fighting for her life.  Marlon Longacre and Coach Bettis came to CHOA to see her.  Marlon asked her was there anything he could do for her,  and she said “Yes, beat Harrison.”
I remember him telling us as he was leaving, “Couldn’t she ask for world peace?  That would be easier!”
Fast forward to the Harrison game a couple months later.  Marlon gave the players a pep talk before the game and said “We’ve got to win for Mallory.”
She was on the sideline and cheered as much as she was able to.  After three overtimes KMHS won the game!!  Coach Jones gave Mal the game ball that night!

Why crazy socks for the Harrison game?
Mallory was well known for her silly socks!  She wore them all the time and LOVED them!!  Every year we collect silly socks from family, friends, churches, and businesses.

The socks must be new, and we collect size tiny infant to young adult (21 years old). We collect throughout the year but run a sock drive every September to really promote.

Mrs.Smith picked September as that is Mallory’s birthday month.  Then in January is each year the socks are handed out to the kids at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.  January was chosen because that is the month she passed away.

January 2024 will be the 13th year doing this and over 1,800 pairs were donated just last year!

Our Facebook page is Pay It Forward 17 and our website is www.TEAMMAL.org

We will be doing a sock drive Monday August 28-to the Harrison Game on Sept 15 (3 weeks).

Mrs. Bartlett is placing a large pink box in the cafeteria for everyone to drop in their socks.  Please help promote this great cause and donate if you are able.

Thank you!!