Filed under Student Life

Prom: The Glitz and The Glamour

Back to Article
Back to Article

Prom: The Glitz and The Glamour

In case you missed it (sorry underclassmen), KMHS held its prom on April 20, 2019 at The Opera Nightclub in Atlanta. As a junior, it was my first prom and it was amazing. Part of the experience was being able to drive or rent a limo to downtown Atlanta. Being so close, we are very fortunate to do so. Always remember to be safe! The venue was two floors, complete with elaborate designs and wraparound booths for couples and students with tired feet. Students had access to a coat check as well. They also offered refreshments and desserts, including chocolate-covered strawberries, mousse, and brownies. The DJs played upbeat, current music all night and kept the crowd entertained. Students were even allowed on stage! Everyone seemed to be having a good time and danced the night away. Overall, it was put together very nicely.

Quick tips for underclassmen: don’t arrive early! The “cool kids” don’t show up until around 8:30 or so. Secondly, comfortable shoes are KEY. If your dress covers your feet, who cares?? You’ll avoid blisters and sore soles. Also, it’s not the end of the world if you don’t have a date. Going with a friend or a group of friends can be just as fun! Finally, don’t be afraid to be yourself!! Prom is your opportunity to flaunt your style and feel confident doing it.

Lastly, one of the most important parts of the prom is the prom court! You can vote for the Junior prince and princess and the Senior king and queen. The crowd erupted as the winners were announced and they are pictured below.

All in all, prom was an experience I’ll never forget. I hope all of you decide to enjoy it too because there’s no turing back once high school is over!

Princess Jelisa Ramos and Prince Jaylen Tookes

Queen Kyndall Hudson and King Destine Richardson