Filed under Entertainment, News

Warner Bros. CEO Steps Down After Scandal Exposed

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mandatory Credit: Photo by Eric Charbonneau/REX Shutterstock (4691380bm)
Kevin Tsujihara
Warner Bros Presentation at CinemaCon 2015, Las Vegas, America - 21 Apr 2015

Mandatory Credit: Photo by Eric Charbonneau/REX Shutterstock (4691380bm) Kevin Tsujihara Warner Bros Presentation at CinemaCon 2015, Las Vegas, America - 21 Apr 2015

Charbonneau/REX Shutterstock

Charbonneau/REX Shutterstock

Charbonneau/REX Shutterstock

Recently, it has come out that the Warner Brothers CEO, Kevin Tsujuhara, has been involved in an affair since 2013 with a 19 year old actress named Charlotte Kirk. The powerful and influential CEO gained her affections by allowing her the luxury of using his contacts to book gigs and get her foot into the door. In a short span of time, she went from the bottom of the pile of nobody-wanna-be-actresses, to having a substantial and life-sustaining career for herself. Charlotte Kirk knew she could have it all by entering into this mutual relationship with the now former CEO. Regarding Tsujuhara’s resignation, John Stankey, the CEO of WarnerMedia, commented, “Kevin has contributed greatly to the studios success over the past 25 years and for that we thank him. Kevin acknowledges that his mistakes are inconsistent with the company’s leadership expectations and could impact the company’s ability to execute going forward.” So far, a replacement for Tsujuhara has not been announced.

What is so astounding is how a large affair of this magnitude somehow slipped through the cracks of Warner Brothers’ knowledge for so long. How can something like this go unknown for five years? Many people suspect that some of the higher-ups with Tsujuhara knew of the relationship but did not say anything, as to protect his position, since he was benefiting the company. Although action has been taken to try and prevent a scandal such as this from happening again, it is safe to say that other relationships similar to this one exist and will continue to exist if people’s mindsets do not change. Currently, many people get to the top any way that they can and hold tight to their positions for as long as possible. But the question has to be asked: Is it worth it to exploit yourself and possibly lose your entire career for a head start in life?