• July 137/16 : Mustang Way

Filed under Sports

Mustang Softball: A Bright Future

After a rocky start and beginning with a record of 0-4, the Mustang varsity softball team is finally on a roll, heading into the region tournament games, which usually prove most difficult and most important. With a win earlier this year against North Paulding, the team was able to secure Coach Lisa Chapman her 400th career win as a Mustang. The team finished 10-0 in region as they head into the region tournament.

The team’s starting short-stop, Hannah Forehand, provided an insight on the team’s chemistry and potential for this season. Hannah said, when asked about the team’s chemistry, “We started out rough. We have a lot of girls from each class playing varsity so it’s been kinda tough, but now we’re blending well.”

This is great news for the team as they head into an important stretch of their season. When asked about the potential for the season and the team’s hopes, Hannah mentioned “I think we just needed to start playing together but our potential is high. I think we can win the region the way we’re playing right now, and we hope to make it to the Elite Eight. Definitely the first round of the playoffs.” As a Mustang, it looks like our softball team has a bright future as they look to make the state playoffs for the 14th year in a row.

The team will look to continue improving and feed off recent success as they get ready for the region tournament and set their eyes on the state playoffs. Come out to cheer on your mustang softball team and show them your support!

About the Writer
Hank Tatum, Sports Editor
Hank is a Sports Editor for the Mustang Messenger. He is a freshman at KMHS. He loves sports, and his favorite teams are the Dallas Cowboys, Georgia Bulldogs, Atlanta Braves, and Atlanta United FC. He swims and plays tennis. He enjoys listening to music and one day hopes to be a sports broadcaster or criminal...