Dear Freshmen: A Letter to the Class of 2020

Dear Freshmen,

Congratulations! You have finally made it through your freshman year of high school, You have three years, six semesters, 36 months, 156 weeks, and 1,095 days left before you embark on what is officially the rest of your life. Before you get there, we would like to off some sage wisdom. High school is not exactly like the movies. Sometimes it is far better, and other times it seems as though the end of the world is near. But we can promise you this: you have what it takes to get through it. One thing to remember is that the only opportunities you will regret are those you missed. We’re not here to tell you to join every club and go to every football and basketball game because that’s not for everyone, but engage in your interests with passion. Whether it is Theater, Lacrosse, Art Club, Rifle Team, or another activity here at the mountain, do it with you heart and soul. High school, like other experiences, is what you make of it. It has the ability to foster your dreams and help you begin your journey into the future. These four years are where we found ourselves. The halls of KMHS are where we took our favorite classes, explored our various interests, and made lifelong connections with our best friends. Sometimes things happen in life that you could never predict, but looking back on all of the challenges and memories over the years, we truly believe that the hard work was worth it. So cherish the next few years you have at the Mountain. Go forth and fulfill your dreams, inspire others, and believe in yourselves. But most of all, don’t forget how special it is to be a Mustang.

Best of luck,

Aydan and Archelle

About the Contributors
Aydan Mufti, Editor in Chief, Founder
Aydan Mufti is the Editor in Chief and a founder for The Mustang Messenger.  He is a current senior in the magnet program at KMHS and is actively involved in the Swim & Dive Team, Habitat for Humanity, and the National Technical Honors Society.  He participated in the Governor’s Honors Program (GHP52 alum) as a...
Archelle Thelemaque, Managing Editor
Archelle Thelemaque is a wizard at slam poetry and is notoriously known for her smash hit, BU. She currently holds the self-proclaimed title as “The Most Poppin’ Senior at KMHS”, is a self-diagnosed hypochondriac, an avid Twitter user, and just an overall straight baller. In her free time, she enjoys working on her 2044 Presidential campaign, #moveonandprosper...