KMHS Signing Day

Morgan Alwardt, Sports Editor

Ever since Kennesaw Mountain opened, our athletic programs have helped to produce dozens of collegiate level athletes. Among them are two incredible athletes: Ivan Johnson and Allison Hunter.

Ivan Johnson is the short stop on our varsity baseball team. Last baseball season was Ivan’s first season at KMHS. The season had its ups and downs and there was a lot of pressure to outperform the previous season’s Final Four appearance. They didn’t quite reach their goal that the players, coaches, and parents were hoping for, but Ivan and the rest of the team agree that the upcoming season will be one to remember. Ivan fully believes and relates to Michael Jordan’s quote: “I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” Ivan’s signing was really special to him and he had expected the offer for the longest time. The University of Georgia began recruiting him very early in his high school career and he’s been committed to them since his sophomore year. Ivan says that UGA really just makes him feel like a part of a family and he hopes to help make the University of Georgia baseball a national powerhouse again.

Allison Hunter has been a varsity swimmer for all four years at Kennesaw Mountain, and has also qualified as a finalist for the state and county championships all four years as well. She has been swimming for nine years and her favorite swimmer is Caeleb Dressel, a famous freestyle swimmer. Allison chose to sign with Florida Southern College in Lakeland, Florida because of the beautiful campus, the academic success of the college, and the great people who attend the college.

Congratulations to all the Mustangs who have signed and will sign this school year to play in college, we wish you all the best.

Morgan Alwardt

Morgan Alwardt is a senior in the KMHS magnet program. She plays travel ice hockey for the Kissimmee Lady Vipers and plays tennis for KMHS. Morgan loves the Bruins, Red Sox, and Patriots and is hoping to attend Boston University when she goes off to college. She enjoys listening to classic rock and is also a huge Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit fan.

Latest posts by Morgan Alwardt (see all)