Ryland Goede Leads the Stampede

Baylor Cantrell, Contributor

Standing at 6’6” and weighing in at 220 pounds, Ryland Goede definitely looks the part of a Division I athlete. In 2015, he proved his contribution to the team by finishing second in the team all-region and with an average 14.7 yard per reception. With offers from University of Georgia, University of Texas, Auburn University, and Austin Peay State University, you can expect a lot from Ryland both on and off the football field. With this many offers, it would be easy for someone to check out and lose focus, but not with Goede. Ryland is a humble teammate who does most of the dirty work when blocking for his running backs. His greatest attribute to the team is his ability to lead in any situation. He cares deeply about each and every one of his teammates and has a lot of respect for the game. Above all, his work ethic cannot go unnoticed. Last offseason, Ryland suffered from a labral tear in his shoulder. Ryland said about his injury and recovery that “it definitely was a challenge both physically and mentally, but I believe God has a plan for everything so I just kept working and trusted the process.” His off-season drive was incredible and he made significant progress, going from surgery to full contact in a matter of months. At nearly full health, Ryland once again put up big stat lines this year. Next year, as a junior, Ryland is looking to have a big year and lead the Mustangs to the playoffs.