Why Are Teachers In Costumes?

Ms.+Dye+as+Hillary+Clinton+and+Kienel+as+Donald+Trump.+

Nicole Joy Balawon

Ms. Dye as Hillary Clinton and Kienel as Donald Trump.

Nicole Joy Balawon, Student Life Editor

As you have probably noticed, many teachers – and even students – came today dressed in Halloween costumes.

If you swung by the 300 halls this morning, you may have seen a sight to behold – Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, in the same vicinity? And without no insults to be hurled at each other?

Kienel as Republican candidate Donald Trump.
Nicole Joy Balawon

Nicole Joy Balawon

And if you wandered down over to the 600’s, you may have been spell bound by Dr. Jezequel…

Dr. Jezequel dressed in Slytherin robes, her wand at the ready.
Nicole Joy Balawon

Maybe you stopped by the cafeteria and caught these two roaming around?

Miss Wolfe and Dr. Hunt
Nicole Joy Balawon
Miss Wolfe and Dr. Hunt

Why were these teachers dressed up in their Halloween costumes? They’re raising money for Shop with a Mustang!

Shop with a Mustang is by far the most popular and most widely participated community service project here at the mountain. Shop with a Mustang, commonly known as SWAM, is an annual program organized by the students of Kennesaw Mountain where over 200 under privileged, elementary school students are taken Christmas shopping by high school mentors every December.

Each year, the staff and students of KMHS along with the rest of the community are encouraged to donate to this worthwhile cause. For the past 12 years, SWAM supporters have been able to come together collectively and fundraise a whopping $45,000 each year. For this year’s SWAM, we plan for it to be even better!  Keep this traditional event going by supporting your Mustangs and  KMHS community by participating in Landmark Dodge’s Atlanta Safe Driver Pledge competition and by putting in your two cents for the SWAM collection buckets teachers had today!

Shop with a Mustang would not be possible without the influence of those in the community who make the well being of the children a priority – donate, today!

Who wore it best?

• Mr. Kienel as Donald Trump (75%, 9 Votes)
  • Ms. Dye as Hillary Clinton (17%, 2 Votes)
  • Dr. Jezequel in Slytherin robes (8%, 1 Votes)
  • Mrs. Mackie in a dinosaur suit (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 12

Loading ... Loading ...

Latest posts by Nicole B (see all)