• November 4Mustangs Defeated By North Cobb Warriors (48 - 13)

• October 14Mustangs Tamed By McEachern Indians (43 - 14)

• October 8Mustangs Burned By Blue Devils (42 - 7)

• October 6Women's Softball Crowned Region Champs

• September 16Mustangs Trample Over Osbourne Cardinals (41 - 6)

• August 25Women's Fastpitch Remains Undefeated

Are You Too Cool For Crocs?

Morgan Alwardt, Sports Editor

In 2007, Crocs rocked our world. Invented originally as a boating shoe, this new foam clog was the ideal style shoe as well as a medically beneficial shoe. Some love them and others hate them, but nonetheless, they were popular back then and they are now slowly making a triumphant return.

Starting in 2006, Crocs sales increased dramatically, with sales roughly tripling from 2006 to 2007. With this sudden increase in popularity and revenue, Crocs purchased the accessory company, Jibbitz, for nearly $20 million. Jibbitz are decorations that can be placed in the holes on top of the Crocs and they are the best way to personalize your Crocs in a unique style fitting to your interests. With thousands of different Jibbitz to choose from, there are infinite design combinations for your Crocs, making yours personal and special to you.

There has been much controversy over the safety of Crocs and whether or not children should be wearing them. The most evident danger by wearing Crocs is the escalator. These shoes are easily sucked into the sides of the escalators as children are riding to the top. Crocs are not to blame, but rather the poor planning and attention of parents who allowed their children to wear them. Escalators are found in every shopping mall, airport, and sports arena, but so are elevators and stationary stair cases. If parents are concerned about something happening, there is nothing stopping them from taking the stairs or elevator. If they are insistent on taking the escalator, they should make sure their child is standing in the middle and not touching their feet to the sides or the stair in front of them.

Crocs have been shamed on more than just a few occasions. Shortly following their creation in 2002, many anti-Crocs blogs and articles surfaced. In May 2010, Time listed Crocs as one of the world’s “50 Worst Inventions”. Recently, students at Kennesaw Mountain have coined the phrase “Stop Crocs 2k16” in response to the presence of Crocs on campus, furthering the degradation of the Crocs name.

However, not everyone was swayed by all the hate that Crocs were getting. In 2007, George W. Bush was seen wearing a black Crocs and socks combo in public after he spent the day out on the town. In August of 2009, First Lady Michelle Obama was spotted wearing Crocs while shopping with her daughter. On June 14, 2015, Prince George was photographed at a charity event wearing navy blue Crocs. Just a week after the photo hit the internet, Crocs experienced a 1500% increase in sales from the publicity. Still today, both celebrities and everyday people choose to wear Crocs because of their comfort and appearance.

It doesn’t matter whether you think Crocs are cool, lame, or eh. They’re slowly making a return to fashion and before long, they will be rocking our worlds for round two.